I absolutely love summer, especially July and the first part of August. There is so much to do! It starts off with the Greek Festival, where the food is divine. The Greek pastries are to die for. The Greek Festival this year was great. I got to go with my family and then later with some of my besties to eat there. Then, there's the annual Lagoon trip. That usually happens in July, but this year we're going to be going to Lagoon in August. I am so excited! It may not be the greatest amusement park in the world, but it is still definitely fun, especially when you're there with great friends. I love leaving early in the morning so that we can get to the park right as it opens and staying late into the night. It is such a fun atmosphere when all of the lights are on and it's a beautiful summer night. That has got to be one of my favorite things! There's International Days too. It's always so much fun to go walk around in the park and look at all the booths, drink a Texas Twister, eat some funnel cake, watch live entertainment, go to the car show, and then watch a movie in the park at night. It is such a fun celebration and it's a great way to bring the community together. The movie in the park is one of my favorite parts of International Days. They show a movie on a large blow-up screen and everyone sits on a hill on blankets or chairs. I love it! I'm hoping this year that I'll be able to go to the Helper Arts Festival before I leave for school in August. The Helper Arts Festival is a great celebration of the arts in a small town. It's great to see all the artwork and to see the great talent that we have in our community.
All in all, I really love summer. I can't wait until International Days, Lagoon, and the Helper Arts Festival this summer. Some great things to look forward to before I head down to Cedar City for school!
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love summer and I love you!
Oh!! Me too!! :)
Post a Comment