Sunday, August 1, 2010

Motivation

I can't believe that school starts for me three weeks from tomorrow.  This is crazy!  I still have so much to do; I'm not even close to being ready to head down to Cedar City.  Last night I had the annual dream that school has started and I missed my first class.  I hate that dream, haha, but at least it's out of the way now.  It never fails, I always have a dream a few weeks before school starts that school has already started and I end up missing my first class.  I am really excited to go to SUU, though.  Things are really starting to come together and it has finally started to hit me that my life is about to change drastically.  I have spent the last 22, almost 23, years of my life in Price and now I'll be leaving everything that's familiar to me for something new and good.  I really am nervous about being out on my own, but I'm excited at the same time.  It's really going to be a new experience for me.  I hope that I can just enjoy it and that it will be fun for me. 

Anyway, the real reason for this blog is that I have come to a realization this weekend.  I have realized that I really need to move on with my life and let go of things from the past.  I really do dwell too much on things that have happened in my life and I need to think forward, think big, and think happy.  I have some big dreams that I want to accomplish, but for some reason I keep doubting myself and I don't allow myself to really go for what I want.  It comes with the territory of being a worrier and I have a tendancy to overthink situations way too much, however, I really want to start looking forward at things in my life and I want to believe that the impossible is achievable.  I just really want to look back on my life with no regrets.  So what if I don't accomplish everything, I just want to make sure that I try.  What's the worst that could happen?  I end up living a fulfilling life that takes me on all kinds of journeys?  I say, what could be better?  I'm really go to try to start living up to my potential.  I don't want to be held back by anything.  I have an amazing family and an amazing group of supportive friends.  I really think I have everything I need to be happy in life.  I'm going to stop looking back and I'm going to look forward and be a support to those around me.  I am going to become the person that I should be.  The person that I know I can be.  So with all this talk about things I want to do, I want to share with you a list of things I hope to accomplish in my life.  I don't think of it as a bucket list, more like a motivational list.  Whether or not I accomplish everything on this list, it doesn't matter.  All that matters is that I try, so that I can look back with no regrets.

Motivational List
1. Obtain my Bachelors' Degree in two years, maybe even sooner
2. Get married in the temple and have my own family
3. Finish writing all four of my "in progress" novels
4. Have at least one of my novels published
5. See a Broadway play in New York
6. Attend a movie premiere
7. Obtain a Masters' Degree
8. Do an act of kindness for someone at least once a week
9. Travel to London
10. Swim with dolphins
11. Do something to aid in cancer research
12. Get in shape, and stay in shape
13. Be the type of mother to my children that my mother has been to me
14. Travel to all 50 states
15. Learn to play the guitar
16. Watch a sunrise in the mountains
17. Go back to Disneyland
18. Smile at a stranger
19. Stay strong in my own beliefs, but always be accepting of others.  Don't be so judgemental
20. Collect antique books, have my own personal library in my home


Well, that's my list for now.  I thought 20 items was good for today.  Like I said, I may or may not be able to do everything on my list, but I'm sure going to try.  I hope to add more to my list as I continue on in life.  Life is too short to dwell on the negative.  If we could all try to be a little kinder and a little more positive I think this world would be a much better place.  And thanks to all of you for being such a positive influence in my life.  Remember, you never know what kind of a difference you're making in someone else's life. 

5 comments:

Charley said...

There are several things on your motivational list I want to do too. Lets do some of them together!!! :)

Kelt said...

LOVE! :) I'm going to miss you...but you'll do great! :)

Vanessa said...

Charley: We should totally do some of these together! We need to have some epic adventures in Cedar this year. :)

Kelt: I'm really going to miss you too! I will for sure come visit, and we must go on more adventures. Our road trip to Disneyland is one of my most favorite things ever!!!!!

The Wrights said...

WOOOOO CEDAR!!!! can't wait for you to come down here! Its weird to think that Leo and I will be here for 5 more months and then who knows!

Teresa said...

I had my beginning of the school year dream a few weeks back too, mine I try to get to class and can't because I don't remember my schedule. Haha.
Woo, I'm excited you're coming to SUU!